IT Jobs @vailable
Disclaimer: I am not a head hunter and I do not make money for displaying jobs on my website. I just make connections to the right people. This is part of our community service to people in the local IT industry.
Entry on February 17, 2012: Contact email@example.com
Various position openings at EMC Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and Vietnam
- Advisory Practice Consultant
- Senior Solutions Architect (Delivery) x 2
- Technology Consultant
- Channel Account Manager
- Senior Technical Consultant
- Field Marketing Manager
- Implementation Delivery Engineer
- Senior Project Manager (Consulting)
- Senior Practice Consultant
- Client Soltuions Director x 2
- Territory Manager (Isilon)
- Technical Services Leader, ASEAN
- Global Services Lead
- Customer Engineer
Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur)
- Solutions Architect (Delivery)
- Technical Solutions Senior Project Manager
- Senior Implementation Delivery Specialist
- Customer Engineer
- Associate Storage Operations Specialist
- Senior Implementation Delivery Engineer
- Senior Implementation Delivery Specialist
- Implementation Delivery Specialist
Entry on December 5, 2011: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sales Engineer (NAS, File & Content Solutions)
Hitachi Data Systems - ANZ, India, Signapore, Hong Kong, China (Sydney Area, Australia)
- Provides in-depth pre-sales technical support for sales teams (Direct and Indirect) across selected accounts/territories to drive HDS revenues whilst maximizing customer satisfaction. Also champion the specific HDS solutions (NAS and unstructured content) and have an in-depth knowledge of all the others.
- This position plays a key role in the customer solution architecting process, providing pre-sales software and hardware technical expertise. Working closely with the HDS sales, other HDS consultants, and customer representatives, s/he also provides support ranging from product specification presentations to solution value discussions, solution design, proposal, response to tender, scope of work etc.,
- Uses project management and customer relationship skills to align Hitachi Data Systems Technology solutions with customers’ business strategies.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge in one of HDS’s key initiatives with thorough knowledge of all solution areas.
- The ideal candidate, working independently or teaming, design the technical solution that will meet a given customer need.
- Gathers data on customer business issues, analyzes solutions, and employs this information in HDS engagements.
- Collecting customer requirements and design technical solutions (e.g., master architecture plans, blueprints, roadmaps, etc.) based on the company’s storage products and solutions
- Work on the solution proposal, scope of work and solution presentation to customer at all level.
- Articulating in a clear manner, alternatives in terms of cost, benefit, and risk where multiple solutions exist
- Assisting the Service team in the creation of technical project plans and work breakdown structures
- Uses understanding of customers’ business needs and knowledge of industry trends in one or more disciplines (Business Continuity, Tiered Storage, or Storage Management) to build a business case for HDS solutions.
Desired Skills & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent formal education
- 8+ years experience in a pre-sales role in the storage industry
- General technical knowledge of storage products and solutions and the overall IT environment
- Ability to demonstrate consultative customer management skills including expectation setting, problem resolution, and selling of services/capabilities.
- Communication sessions typically include technical managers from the client organization and client executives.
- Good understanding of storage and system management solutions
- Excellent knowledge of NAS and content infrastructure solution in the market
- Strong understanding of these solutions in the Unix, Linux and Windows environment.
- Strong customer relationship skills and executive-level presence
- Track record of success in business technology related sales
- Proven ability to add positive value to consultative multi-skilled teams consisting of customers, third parties, and Hitachi individuals.
- Proven ability to manage interpersonal relationships effectively.
- An understanding of the market conditions and requirements in the business specialty area.
- Good knowledge of ITIL or similar consultative best practice or methodology.
- Knowledge of the techniques, sensitivities, and issues around solution selling.
- Specialized understanding of storage-related business issues and needs.
Hitachi Data Systems provides best-in-class information technologies, services and solutions that deliver compelling customer ROI, unmatched return on assets (ROA) and demonstrable business impact. With a vision that IT must be virtualized, automated, cloud-ready and sustainable, Hitachi Data Systems offers solutions that improve IT costs and agility. With more than 4,500 employees worldwide, Hitachi Data Systems does business in more than 100 countries and regions. Hitachi Data Systems products, services and solutions are trusted by the world’s leading enterprises, including more than 70 percent of the Fortune 100 and more than 80 percent of the Fortune Global 100. HDS was named one of the top 100 most ethical companies in 2011 and awarded ethics certification by Ethisphere. Hitachi Data Systems believes that data drives our world – and information is the new currency. Visit: http://www.hds.com.
About Hitachi, Ltd. Hitachi, Ltd., (NYSE: HIT / TSE: 6501), headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, is a leading global electronics company with approximately 360,000 employees worldwide. Fiscal 2009 (ended March 31, 2010) consolidated revenues totaled 8,968 billion yen ($96.4 billion). Hitachi will focus more than ever on the Social Innovation Business, which includes information and telecommunication systems, power systems, environmental, industrial and transportation systems, and social and urban systems, as well as the sophisticated materials and key devices that support them.
Senior Oracle Database Administrator
This position is based in Malaysia, KL. The DBA will work in the DBA Team within the IT Infrastructure Department. The position reports directly to the DBA Manager.
The Oracle DBA role is to design, install, monitor, maintain, secure, upgrade, Integrate, backup and performance tune Oracle and SQL server databases.
• Define, plan and implement database installs and upgrades.
• Define, plan and implement Oracle Applications installs and upgrades.
• Define, plan and implement Oracle fusion Middle ware installs and upgrades.
• Manage, control and implement database or applications patches.
• Install and configure relevant network components to ensure database access.
• Configure systems for use in development, testing and production roles.
• Adhere to change control and testing processes for modifications to Oracle Applications or databases.
• Write and maintain documentation, to an appropriate standard, for relevant processes and procedures.
• Perform proactive monitoring and maintenance using system management tools and custom scripts.
• Respond to and resolve database access and performance issues.
• Monitor, optimize and allocate physical data storage for database systems.
• Proactive monitoring of database and application system backups, including regular test restores.
• Work with all areas of IT to ensure that data migration, database cloning, imports and exports are correctly implemented to support project work.
• Manage and control access to the databases.
• Establish appropriate end-user database access control levels.
• Adhere to Database related Service Level Agreements.
Desired Skills & Experience
• University degree in the field of computer science or a related discipline and 7 years equivalent work experience.
• Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Quality focused, clear communicator, professional attitude, excellent problem solving skills
• Experience of installing, configuring and supporting a multi-tier, mission critical, production Oracle Applications system and Fusion Middle ware.
• Oracle DBA skills – versions 9i,10g and 11g.
• Microsoft SQL Server DBA skills preferred. Not required.
• Oracle EBS exposure desirable but not a must.
• Sun Solaris administration skills to support Oracle database/Applications across multiple servers, including the development of shell scripts.
• Hands-on database tuning , troubleshooting and fusion integration experience
Entry on October 12, 2011: Contact email@example.com
Sales Engineer with ArcSight Malaysia
ArcSight (ARST) is a leading global provider of compliance and security management solutions that protect enterprises
and government agencies. ArcSight helps customers comply with corporate and regulatory policy, safeguard their assets and processes, and control risk. The ArcSight platform collects and correlates user activity and event data across the enterprise so that businesses can rapidly identify, prioritize, and respond to compliance violations, policy breaches, cybersecurity attacks, and insider threats.
Oversees pre-sale and/or post-sale support of company products/systems. Provides consultative guidance in sales presentations, product demonstrations, and in the general sales process. Take ownership of the consultative aspect of the POC process, installing and demonstrating ArcSight solutions to meet the customers’ success criteria. Provides answers to customer inquiries concerning system software and applications. Act as a thought leader in the local market and within networking forums to build the reputation of ArcSight.
• Supports customers and partners in the definition and implementation of a complex software solution.
• Strong consultative skills to be able to help a customer identify key pain points, engage the confidence of key
stakeholders in the process, and take the customer through architecting a solution to meet their requirements.
• Perform Channel Partner technical training
• Provides pre sales technical support to customers and partners using or evaluating ArcSight software products.
Guides problems through the problem resolution process.
• Assist in closing business in regional territories through field visits to major account prospects.
• Performs product presentations and technical demonstrations at customer and partner sites.
• Assists in writing technical tender / bid response where required.
• Participates in trade shows, seminars and other industry events.
• Performs technical leadership and informal training
• Provides reporting on customer account and field activities to Regional Pre-Sales Manager and Regional Director
• Bachelors degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience
• At least five years of experience as a field systems engineer in the computer hardware or software with vendors.
• Proven experience working with Channel Partners in your region
• Excellent knowledge of general networking environments, and Oracle. CNE and/or MSCE preferred
• Excellent knowledge of general security concepts and information management experience
• CISSP certification preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Strong commitment to customer satisfaction
• Demonstrated capability to handle Proof Of Concept and solution demonstrations.
• Strong hands-on experience and fast learner.
• Ability to work independently
• Must be fluent in English and Bahasa Malaysia
Entry on September 21st 2011: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior SE Position with VMware Malaysia
The Senior Systems Engineer (SE) is an experienced SE who works closely with the direct sales team (Territory Manager and Inside Sales) to win customers. The Account SE must understand each customer’s business and be able to map the technical requirements to appropriate VMware technical solutions; perform the technical “sell” of the solution and provide proof points of the technology.
The Senior SE is an expert in VMware technologies, and can recognize opportunities for the technology in customer accounts, perform technical presentations of VMware technology and solutions, and map this back to the benefits. The Senior SE will perform and support tasks such as technical sales calls, presentations, proof-of-concepts, capacity planning and technical ROI models.
The Senior SE needs to be an excellent communicator with both business and technical people, be able to work independently and understand the sales process. The Account SE will assist the customer to understand VMware technology, its impact on their business and the benefits that can be realized.
• Support direct sales force
• Recognize opportunities
• Design solutions
• Qualify opportunities from technical perspective
• Architect medium to complex solutions in pre-sales context
• Consult to customers on business and technical requirements
• Develop VMware technical solutions – unsolicited proposals, presentations etc
• Perform planning and pre-sales tasks, for example capacity planning assessment
• Assist sales in development of ROI studies
• Support channel sales force as needed
• Set up demonstrations of VMware products and deliver these to customers and also potentially peer SE’s, Sales and Channel partners
• Develop and maintain own skills in VMware Products
• Assist in strategic post-sales implementations as required
• VMware Product Advocate
• Spokesperson for VMware Enterprise products in general
• Marketing and trade shows
• Liaison with Product Management (VMware and third-party)
Required Skills and Background
• At least 6 or more years experience in Pre-Sales System Engineering in the software industry
• Background in the support of enterprise or client server software
• Strong Microsoft Server experience ( current MSCE or MSCA advantageous)
• Multiple platform experience with Linux, Windows, and Unix is ideal
• Experience with storage, networking and systems management is beneficial
• Background in scripting or programming a significant plus
• Strong self-starter with a proven track record of accomplishment
Entry on September 3rd 2011: Contact email@example.com
Additional Position Openings with EMC Singapore
EMC Singapore is hiring the following, in addition to the other positions published earlier
- Partner Rep, CTO office
- Commercial Account Manager
- Practice Director, RSA
- Technical Writer, Consulting
- Associate Practice Consultant, RSA.
Entry on August 15th 2011: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Positions open with EMC Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and Philipines
I have come to know about several positions open with EMC Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and Philipines. Please contact me for their requisition number and I will connect you to the person in EMC.
Here’s a summary of the jobs in Malaysia
- Sr. Account Manager (Sales)
- Principal Practice Consultant
- Sr. Field Support Specialist
- Solutions Architect
- Strategic Account Manager
Here’s a summary of jobs in Singapore
- Sr. Technology Consultant
- Strategic Account Manager
- Account Manager (Data Computing Division)
- Director, Field Marketing
- Director, Product Marketing
- Sr. Storage Operations Specialist
- Sr. Project Manager (Tech Solutions)
- Associate Practice Consultant
- Several others at their Changi Solutions Center which I did not list
For other countries, please contact me.
Entry on August 10th 2011: Contact email@example.com
Technical Consultant for Project Service Delivery at iPerintis
Entry on August 9th 2011: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sales Engineer position at RiverBed Malaysia
We are seeking a Sales/Solutions Engineer for immediate hire. The successful candidate must be comfortable both in a highly technical pre-sales environment, designing an implementation with a customer, and supporting them post-deployment.
- Provide intensive pre- and post-sales technical consulting to prospective customers and channel partners
- Participating in conference calls and customer visits
- Make technical designs and presentations
- Mastering technical customer grilling over trivia of product implementation, and storage/network architecture
- Oversee the customer proposal process to ensuring the solution and recommendations address all customer requirements.
- Support Account Management.
- Investigate new solution areas for product extensions
- Train customers to master the products & fit them into their OSS
- Design and run Beta evaluations (with attendant bugs!) while maintaining a professional and productive manner
- Ability to perform technical qualification
- 7+ years experience in a pre-sales role within the local territory
- Ability to successfully go complete sales presentations on one’s own.
- Willing to travel, work odd hours, and be very available.
- Excellent business writing and presentation skills.
- Instinctive understanding of what it is to give service
- BS/BA in relevant field (CS, EE, MIS)
- Resides in the targeted geography w/local relationships w/both customers and key local resellers
- Must have very strong networking, switching, and routing background (L2 – 3). In-depth TCP/IP knowledge, network design experience
- Hands on troubleshooting, configuration and implementation
- Ability to program scripts (eg. Perl, Python, VB)
- Cisco IOS familiarity, ability to quickly understand enterprise network topologies and constraints. Completely understand how to configure networking under both UNIX and NT.
- Applications experience – Microsoft, CIFS, MAPI, NFS etc.
- CCIE a plus